Tim Chang is a Silicon Valley-based venture capitalist and truth seeker who has spent years experimenting with optimising his performance. He suggests a do it yourself body/energy hack that will give you visibility to how your body and energy levels react to various inputs and, based on this real time feedback, you can then personalize what you consume and increase your performance levels.
Here are Tim’s 5 steps:
1) wear a continuous blood glucose monitor like the FreeStyle Libre for several days.
2) observe how your levels rise and fall based on specific foods you eat, as well as how much and when you eat them — you may be surprised by how your body reacts specifically to different types of foods vs others!
3) do a bit of A/B testing with different regimens, and see how your blood sugar levels respond to: no/low sugar; no/low carb; intermittent fasting [“IF”] (daily IF 16/8 split vs. weekly or monthly 1-3 day IF).
4) explore some of the cutting edge supplements out there like Ketone Esters, and experiment with synthesizing the effects of fasting and ketogenic diets — Tim got to try an early sample of HVMN’s ketone esters, and was amazed to see how his ketone levels jumped in real-time, as well as the sustained energy boost afterwards… it made him ponder the future of consumer ketone esters as a 5-hour Energy & Red Bull-killer, and perhaps as a gateway towards the benefits of intermittent fasting and ketogenic diets.
5) most importantly, NEVER blindly follow or accept anyone’s prescribed regimen or methodology* — hack for yourself, on yourself, and see what works or doesn’t for you 🙂
(* Tim has definitely learned to back off of his own previously espoused formulas and regimens, after finding that stacking paleo + minimal carb + IF + heavy-meat/high-protein body-building diets for years led to formation of kidney stone crystals, and potential onset of gout!)